From firmware 8.1.1, you can enter expected maximum up and down bandwidth for each cellular connection. By measuring this bandwidth and entering the values, the router is able to more accurately assign bandwidth to :
- User Groups in QOS settings – Manager, Staff and Guest group bandwidth reservations may be more accurately assigned of ratios of bandwidth.
- Outbound Policies Load Distribution – the router uses algorithms for these policies which can make better decisions if a WAN’s bandwidth is known. This allows traffic to be be proportionally distributed better among available WAN connections according to the specified load distribution weight.
Quick Setup :
- Temporarily disable any VPN if running.
- In the routers web admin, disable all WAN’s except the one to be tested.
- Measure the WAN’s up and down throughput using speedtest.net or fast.com, performing multiple tests over a time period and averaging is preferable.
- Enter the values in “WAN Connection Settings” (see below)
6. Save the new WAN bandwidth settings. Repeat for all WAN’s both cellular and DSL. Re-enable any VPN or other WANs when completed.
Leave A Comment